Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Women

In our last class we watched the movie “The Women.”  The movie was interesting to me because throughout the whole film you never once saw a man.  You hear the women speak of men, but we never get to actually meet who they are talking about.  This movie is big on expressing feminine gender.  I found the movie easy to relate to because I’ve either reacted like they did to something or I’ve known someone who has reacted like the women.  I thought this movie did a good job on pinpointing how women stand up and protect their friends.  The way the writer of this movie made the characters act was very similar to how a lot of women act in today’s society.  In the movie, we learn that a woman named Mary Haines was being cheated on by her husband, Steven.  I thought this was almost a stereotype to the male gender.  It was pretty much saying that if a rich man sees a pretty, young girl, he will flaunt his money to try to get her attention.  Mary found out about his affair through gossip from the woman who was doing her nails.  I believe when this movie was being produced, it was definitely being directed towards a female audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment